It's not easy to place a loved one in aged care and it's not easy to understand how it all works. Working through the financial implications can be just as overwhelming. Unfamiliar terms, strange acronyms, complex criteria, a large amount of information and constantly changing rules add to the confusion. At a time when emotions are running high you need a clear head when trying to locate the best possible care, whilst balancing that with the best possible financial outcome.
At Kennas we can help you to:
- Understand your options in relation to the upfront costs;
- Budget for the on going costs;
- Maximise your pension and minimise your fees;
- Decide whether you should sell the family home or rent it out;
- Know the impact on your pension entitlements;
- Ensure that the money lasts as long as possible;